Acceptable Use Policy
DigiDokaan is a commerce platform that offer to provide the tools and technology for merchants to set up an online store and sell products and services on their own website, at physical retail locations, marketplaces and more. While we believe the free and open exchange of ideas and products is a key tenet of commerce, there are some activities that are incompatible with DigiDokaan’s mission to make commerce better for everyone. This Acceptable Use Policy (“AUP”) describes activities that are prohibited in connection with your use of the Services.
Any capitalized terms used in this AUP are defined on the DigiDokaan AUP definitions page, located at.
The following activities are prohibited:
- Child exploitation: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials that exploit or abuse children, including but not limited to images or depictions of child abuse or sexual abuse, or that present children in a sexual manner.
- COVID-19: You may only offer goods or services in relation to COVID-19 that comply with the Rules of Engagement for the Sale of COVID-19 Related Products.
- Harassment, bullying, defamation and threats:You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials that harass, bully, defame or threaten a specific individual.
- Hateful content: You may not use the Services to promote or condone hate or violence against people based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition, veteran status or other forms of discriminatory intolerance. You may not use the Services to promote or support organizations, platforms or people that: (i) promote or condone such hate; or (ii) threaten or condone violence to further a cause.
- Illegal activities: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that contravene or that facilitate or promote activities that contravene, the laws of the jurisdictions in which you operate or do business or the jurisdiction of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.
- Intellectual property: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that infringe on the copyright or trademarks of others.
- Malicious and deceptive practices: You may not use the Services to transmit malware or host phishing pages. You may not perform activities or upload or distribute Materials that harm or disrupt the operation of the Services or other infrastructure of DigiDokaan or others, including DigiDokaan’s third party providers. You may not use the Services for deceptive commercial practices or any other illegal or deceptive activities.
- Personal, confidential, and protected health information: You may not post or upload any Materials that contain personally identifiable information, sensitive personal information, or confidential information, such as credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords unless you have consent from the person to whom the information belongs or who is otherwise authorized to provide such consent. You may not use the Services to collect, store, or process any protected health information.
- Restricted Items: You may not offer goods or services that are, or appear to be, Restricted Items.
- Self-harm: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that promote self-harm.
- Spam: You may not use the Services to transmit unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
- Terrorist organizations: You may not offer goods or services, or post or upload Materials, that imply or promote support or funding of, or membership in, a terrorist organization.
We may, at any time and without notice, remove any Materials, and suspend or terminate your Account or your access to the Services if you engage in activities that violate the letter or spirit of this AUP, including activities outside of your use of the Services.
DigiDokaan has the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or investigate any Materials and your use of the Services at any time for compliance with this AUP and the DigiDokaan Terms of Service, or any other agreement between you and DigiDokaan governing your use of the Services (collectively, the “Terms”). Our determination of whether a violation of this AUP has occurred will be final and binding, and any action taken with respect to enforcing this AUP, including taking no action at all, will be at our sole discretion.
DigiDokaan may modify this AUP, including the list of Restricted Items, at any time by posting a revised version at website By continuing to use the Services or access your Account after a revised version of the AUP has been posted, you agree to comply with the latest version of the AUP. In the event of a conflict between the AUP and the Terms, this AUP will take precedence, but only to the extent required to resolve such conflict. Capitalized terms used but not defined in this AUP shall have the meanings set forth in the Terms. If you feel that a user of the Services has violated this AUP, please contact us at [email protected]
Rules of Engagement for the Sale of COVID 19 Related Products
DigiDokaan supports the sale of products to help combat the spread of COVID 19 during this unprecedented global health crisis.
While we are committed to helping communities get what they need at this critical time, any COVID 19 related products sold through DigiDokaan’s platform must comply with our Terms of Service, including our Acceptable Use Policy and these Rules of Engagement. Violation of these Rules of Engagement may result in the removal of products from your store or the suspension or termination of your account.
This page may change as the pandemic situation evolves, so please check back from time to time to ensure your products remain in compliance.
RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
- Price Gouging: You must not charge excessive prices or engage in deceptive pricing practices for necessary COVID 19 related products (for example, for the resale of medical grade masks, toilet paper, hand sanitizer etc.).
- Claims: Any medical, scientific or other claims must be true and supported by documented evidence, and where required by law, an adequate and proper test of such claims. Products claiming to prevent, treat or cure COVID 19 will be removed from the DigiDokaan platform.
- Compliance with laws: You must comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements relating to the sale of COVID 19 related products, both in your jurisdiction and in the jurisdiction of your customers.
- Appropriate licensing or permissions: You must obtain all applicable licenses or permissions for the products you sell. This includes all applicable licenses, approvals, or authorizations for the sale of medical or health-related products.
- Selling regulated products: Prior notice and/or approval by DigiDokaan is required for the sale of regulated products on our platform. In some cases (for example, selling government-approved test kits), we may require that you provide information or documentation in order to verify that you have complied with these Rules of Engagement and sign an additional agreement.
- Non-Delivery: Buyers should receive any COVID-19 related products they purchase from your store.